Wednesday 4 January 2012

365 Challenge - Day 4

Well good evening to you all, sirs and madams.

I have a confession to make. Driving home from work this evening I started to worry. Panic struck me like a bitter cold wind. My guts twisted with fear and apprehension. The challenge. 4 days in and already I had started to worry about what I was going to take pictures of! I had an idea earlier today, there is a shot I really want to capture, but it is an outside one, and the weather today has been terrible. So that was out of the window (fear not dear reader, I will get it one day) Then it struck me. ABSTRACT!

So coloured glasses to the ready..........


We have a few brightly coloured glasses in the cupboard, so I grabbed them, made myself a little white box to place them on (white paper taped to the kitchen wall and place under the glasses too) and snapped away! Camera setup for this first shot - shutter speed 1/200, ISO 100, and aperture of f.36 (tiny!!) I had my flash gun off camera to the left hand side (both camera and flash hand held) Not much in the way of post processing on this either, little crop, straighten (or angle) bump up the saturation, and a darkened tint to the top.



And you lucky people get a second shot again today! I had a lot of fun with the glasses! I swapped over the green one for a dark pink one. Camera and flash all set up the same as above. Again very little post processing on this aside from a little crop and that's it.

Much love
(thoughts on sign off tag line......true)

Adam




2 comments:

  1. Hey Adam. Really cool. On the 2nd pic, my personal opinion is that the wall detracts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Doug, thanks for the comment! I was torn between cropping the wall out or not, and decided to leave it in as I love the shadows, and the graduated darkening on the right side. Great feedback, please keep following the blog and let me know your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete